Recently I found some spare time to look into an issue with one of my first OSS projects - the Eclipse plugin Veloedit (published on SourceForge in 2002). Here was reported in bug #12 that the initialization of the Velocity runtime is broken in recent versions of Eclipse.
After fixing this issue (by adding 6 lines of code) I had to fiddle around with yesterdays technology:
- commiting to CVS
- building Eclipse plugins manually via PDE
- uploading files to SourceForge manually via SSH
Here I took the opportunity to improve the overall process with approaches I used in another OSS project (Sculptor - Release 3.0.0):
- Version control changed from CVS to Git
- Project hosting changed from SourceForge to GitHub
- Eclipse plugin build with Maven via Eclipse Tycho
- Deployment of Eclipse p2 repository to GitHub repository branch via GitHub Maven Site plugin
Now the source code is avilable on GitHub in the repository vaulttec/veloedit. The corresponding Eclipse update site is available from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vaulttec/veloedit/updatesite/ (a branch of this repository).
So use your recent Eclipse installation and give the updated plugin a try.